- The time zone for the UAE is GMT/UTC +4
- Electricity is 220/240V 50Hz
- Three-pronged square plugs are used throughout the UAE (the same as those used in the UK)
- The UAE country telephone code is +971
TIPS TO ASSIST WITH YOUR VISIT TO ABU DHABI
Citizens of the following countries will be issued with a free-of-charge VISIT VISA upon entry to the UAE:
USA, UK, France, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Cyprus, Finland, Malta, Spain, Monaco, Vatican, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
Citizens of other countries can apply for a visa online or to their nearest UAE embassy.
FLIGHTS AND ACCOMMODATION
Visitors are recommended to plan and secure their travel arrangements well in advance of the event.
Abu Dhabi Airport, Multi-Faith Prayer Room
Please find the below link to find the Multi-Faith Prayer Room in the maps.
- Please type “Prayer Room” in the search box shown
- Select the Multi-Faith Prayer Room from the results
- The location will be highlighted in the map.
All prayer rooms are wheelchair accessible.
ALCOHOL & DRUGS
The Ministry of Health’s Drug Control Department publishes lists of restricted drugs and medications that may otherwise be prescribed in travellers’ home countries, so travellers must take special care to ensure that their medications or other substances are not restricted before travelling.